The following was written by Bob Sickles, President and Publisher of Eye On Education. Bob invites you to share your comments below.
As your school year gets underway, I am proud to announce a new monthly service from Eye On Education. Starting next month, we will be offering a series of free interactive webcasts to help teachers and school leaders improve practice and boost student achievement. These webinars will feature some of your favorite authors and speakers who will present practical solutions to educational challenges and facilitate online discussions with you and other participants. It will be easy for you to work with our technology and you can register for just one of our webinars or engage in them as an ongoing professional development activity – your choice.
Here is the tentative schedule:
- Amy Benjamin will help teachers start the school year off with a clear plan of instruction that focuses on the critical role of vocabulary. September 8, 2011.
- Heather Wolpert-Gawron will show you how your assessment practices will be changing as you implement the Common Core State Standards. October, 2011.
- Todd Whitaker will inspire you with his insights about what great educators do differently. November 17, 2011.
- Larry Ferlazzo will demonstrate how you can help students motivate themselves. December 13, 2011.
- Use Frank Buck’s easy-to-implement tips to help you keep your new year’s resolution to get organized. January 10, 2012.
- Barbara Blackburn will show you how to introduce more rigor in your classroom as you implement the Common Core State Standards. January 2012.
- Add some of Bryan Harris’ instructional strategies to your teaching repertoire to battle student boredom and keep them engaged. February 9, 2012.
As the webinar dates approach, we will provide details about how you can register on the blog. In the meantime, let me wish you "good luck" as your school year begins.
Bob Sickles, President and Publisher